Re: Copyright issues - The Superhighway Steamroller

Dan Hinckley <hinckley@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 1994 17:36:59 +0200
Sender: www-talk@www0.cern.ch
From: Dan Hinckley <hinckley@netcom.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: Re: Copyright issues - The Superhighway Steamroller
Irregardless of the issue of whether someone can really copyright
Internet distributed text, quoting the article, even extensively "for the
purpose of critical review" is in fact fair use under copyright law.  As
with all such juris, the key element is the idea of intent: if the intent
is to review and rebut, rather than redistribute, it is in the spirit of
critical review.

Dan Hinckley                  The EarthWeb Project
Executive Director             voice: 303.642.7330
204 Divide View Drive            fax: 303.642.7330
Golden, CO 80403         email:hinckley@netcom.com