http://www.eit.com/software/winterp/winterp.html (WINTERP home page)

"Niels P. Mayer" <npm@eit.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 1994 21:29:18 +0200
Sender: www-talk@www0.cern.ch
From: "Niels P. Mayer" <npm@eit.COM>
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: http://www.eit.com/software/winterp/winterp.html (WINTERP home page)

In some previous articles on this list ("object oriented data models and
client side CGI" and "PROPOSAL: "W3A" - a client-side applets API"), Dan
Connolly (connolly@hal.com) has mentioned WINTERP 2.0 as an alternative to
Tcl/Tk or Python as a development/delivery/extensibility environment for
WWW applications. WINTERP -- the OSF/Motif Widget INTERPreter -- is an
interactive, extensible, object-oriented environment for creating GUI-based
applications (OSF/Motif) and features powerful new object-oriented 2.5D
graphics and animation capabilities (Xtango). WINTERP 2.0 was recently
released on the X Consortium X11r6 "contrib" distribution and is freely
available by anonymous ftp.

Due to lack of time, I haven't had an opportunity to post my opinions on
WINTERP 2.0's advantages over Python or Tcl/Tk for doing client-side
processing and on-the-fly-contruction of UIs. Given that I'm soon leaving
town on vacation, I now really don't have time...

Instead, I figured I'd take the opportunity to give you all a pointer to
the WINTERP 2.0 world-wide-web home page. While you're at it, you may be
interested in checking out a paper describing EIT's WWW Authoring
Environment, which is built on top of WINTERP 2.0 --
	http://www.eit.com/papers/gpware94/paper.html.
See the figures in this paper for some examples of UIs built in WINTERP 2.0.