Re: Input areas in <select> & <option>

Dave Raggett (dsr@hplb.hpl.hp.com)
Tue, 13 Dec 94 13:10:19 EST

Mike Meyer writes:

> <select> via an inclusion on <form>. This differers from the original
> spec, and using it causes most browsers to do wierd things.

Guess, what, the same thing applies to the HTML 3.0 dtd. I have made the
following changes:

- <!ELEMENT SELECT - - (OPTION+)>
+ <!ELEMENT SELECT - - (OPTION+) -(INPUT|TEXTAREA|SELECT)>

- <!ELEMENT TEXTAREA - - (#PCDATA)>
+ <!ELEMENT TEXTAREA - - (#PCDATA) -(INPUT|TEXTAREA|SELECT)>

This seems to cure the problem when tested with sgmls.

--
 Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> tel: +44 272 228046 fax: +44 272 228003
  Hewlett Packard Laboratories, Filton Road, Bristol BS12 6QZ, United Kingdom