Re: Toward Graceful Deployment of Tables

Dan Connolly (connolly@w3.org)
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 18:10:38 +0500

Luke ~{B7?M~} writes:

> Let me take the liberty to quote the specification you conveniently forgot:
> ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-html-spec-01.txt
> (which I find it hard to believe because you are a co-author of it :)
>
> 2.2 Undefined Tag and Attribute Names

Just for the record: that section is in there because I couldn't get
it removed (i.e. it has too much momentum), not because I think it
belongs there. I don't think it provides a viable evolution strategy.
I think it will be a support nightmare. I think it is a support
nightmare.

Dan