libwww-perl: A generic WWW interface library for perl tools

"Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@simplon.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 1994 05:11:32 +0200
Sender: www-talk@www0.cern.ch
From: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@simplon.ICS.UCI.EDU>
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: libwww-perl: A generic WWW interface library for perl tools
Hello all,

After some prompting from Martijn Koster and Oscar Nierstrasz at WWW94,
I decided to rewrite the core of MOMspider so that it can serve
as a generic library for WWW clients written in Perl.  So far (version 0.11)
it includes support for all of HTTP, file://localhost/..., and any
request sent to a proxy server.

I am looking for more contributions to support the many other protocols
and also to provide better HTML libraries.

The distribution site and much more information about the libraries
can be found at

       <http://www.ics.uci.edu/WebSoft/libwww-perl/>

and also at

       <ftp://liege.ics.uci.edu/pub/arcadia/libwww-perl/>

Please take a look and tell me what you think.

...Roy Fielding   ICS Grad Student, University of California, Irvine  USA
                   (fielding@ics.uci.edu)
    <A HREF="http://www.ics.uci.edu/dir/grad/Software/fielding">About Roy</A>