Re: Transparent Gifs

Paul Phillips <paulp@is.internic.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 22:15:51 +0200
Sender: www-talk@www0.cern.ch
From: Paul Phillips <paulp@is.internic.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: Re: Transparent Gifs
Please make an effort to keep up with the FAQ, everyone.  This thread has
been done to death on comp.infosystem.www.* and has been reflected in the
FAQ for some time.

-- Begin excerpt --
4.9: How can I make transparent GIFs?

   Transparent GIFs are useful because they appear to blend in smoothly
   with the user's display, even if the user has set a background color
   that differs from that the developer expected.

   There is a document explaining transparent GIFs available at the URL
   http://melmac.harris-atd.com/transparent_images.html. You can fetch
   the program giftrans by anonymous ftp from ftp.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de at
   the path /pub/net/www/tools/giftrans.c.
-- End excerpt --

 -PSP