Re: Running cgi scripts in httpd3.0 (fwd)

Roberto Canada Abreu LNEC (canada@lnec.pt)
Tue, 18 Oct 1994 12:05:22 +0100

In message <Pine.3.89.9410181648.B16472-0100000@merlion.singnet.com.sg>,
LIM GEK MENG writes:

>I've installed httpd3.0 in my machine running on OSF/1 V3.0 so that the
>problem of forms with proxies can be solved.
>But, I found that it does not seem to be able to run any scripts.
>This is the message that I got :
>ERROR
>
>Requested document (URL http://zpoint.sing.net/cgi-bin/post-query) could
>not be
>accessed.
>
>The information server either is not accessible or is refusing to serve
>the document to
>you.
>
>I think it could be a problem with this new daemon cause everything wa
>srunning OK with the prerelease.

I had the same problem in a IBM rs6000 (AIX)... (:((...

Not only with cgi scripts, but also with clickable images...

In my case, the server was under inetd, so I've changed it to standalone.

It solved the problem, for now, but I steel think that there is something
wrong with httpd3.0 (://

Maybe someone had similar experiences ...

Best regards,

Roberto

Roberto Canada de Abreu Email: canada@lnec.pt
Centro de Informatica Phone: +351 1 84821131
Laboratorio Nacional de Eng. Civil
Av. do Brasil 101
1799 Lisboa Codex
Portugal