forwarded message from A Server Maintainer

marca@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Marc Andreessen)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 93 02:13:33 -0500
From: marca@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Marc Andreessen)
To: www-talk@nxoc01.cern.ch
Subject: forwarded message from A Server Maintainer
It appears that the CERN server is not catching SIGPIPE, which is
should -- until then, beware this situation (presumably the server
simply tries to read to a closed socket and SIGPIPE therefore
results).

NCSA httpd 1.0a1 also doesn't catch SIGPIPE (although I've never seen
a problem while testing with Mosaic 2.0pre4), but 1.0a2 will.

Marc