Re: hyperRTF?

Andrew McRae <mcrae@elmer.harvard.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 1994 18:58:15 +0200
Sender: www-talk@www0.cern.ch
From: Andrew McRae <mcrae@elmer.harvard.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: Re: hyperRTF?
Hello, world.
On Sat, 18 Jun 1994, Nathan Torkington wrote:

> I see (comp.archives) that a cross-platform RTF viewer is now
> available.  Is it time we thought of turning those people who want
> control of presentation over to using RTF, and incorporate RTF support
> (with minimal extensions, possibly as invisible text or similar) to
> include hypertextual linking.

The posting to comp.archives includes the following note:

> History
> June 1994, v 0.1.  first release to public, along with GopherPup v 0.2
> that supports network RTF.

GopherPup is a cross-platform (Mac/X/MSWindows) Gopher+ client; "network
RTF" is RTF extended to include HTML-style hyperlinks. Current versions
are in <ftp://ftp.bio.indiana.edu./util/gopher/gopherpup>

(I _hope_ that's not old news to everyone!)
Andrew.
--
Andrew McRae  <andrew_mcrae@harvard.edu>