Re: Registration of new Media Type multipart/form-data

Ed Levinson (elevinso@Accurate.COM)
Thu, 13 Apr 95 12:16:05 EDT

Keith,

The mimesgml WG is defining a new header to be included within a body
part, Content-SGML-Entity. We are defining it in an RFC and not as a
type registration. I don't think that the type registration process
permits anything other than just that. The way to go is via an RFC
that defines the type and the additional header(s).

Best.../Ed

On Tue, 11 Apr 1995 01:15:02 EDT Keith Moore wrote:
>keith> This is a little bit wierd. Offhand, I don't know of any thing in
>keith> MIME that allows type-specific body part headers to be defined, or any
>keith> body part that defines such headers. It's not clear that existing
>keith> MIME parsers would support this. Even if they were to support it,
>keith> there's a strong argument to be made that it should be called
>keith> Content-{something}.

larry> What about:
larry>
larry> Content-form-field
larry>
larry> instead of
larry>
larry> Name

keith> Maybe. I'm not sure it's reasonable for a content-type to define new
keith> body part headers. What do other people think?