Re: New look at forms

Matthew MacDonald - FES ~ (mmacdona@pcocd2.intel.com)
Thu, 13 Apr 95 16:23:48 EDT

On Apr 13, 12:47pm, Larry Masinter wrote:
> Subject: Re: New look at forms
> Brian Behlendorf said
>
> > I think it would behoove someone (preferably someone with a lot of ......
> ...and present that as a proposal. <FORM> is one of
> > the most undernourished parts of the HTML spec.
>
> and Matthew MacDonald added:
>
> > I invite the html working group to respond to these comments and concerns.
>
> IETF is a volunteer organization. If you can get someone to volunteer
> to write a spec, and you can get others to volunteer to review it, and
> you can get the vendors to volunteer to etc. Perhaps you get my gist?

Hey what was that ... a brick? :)

> ...and the HTML working group will not pay
> attention to proposals for proposals.

Does the working group only approve or reject proposals?
Or do they from time to time write them?

> If it's *REALLY* important for your customers to have such
> capabilities in the standard, and you don't have the capability to
> write the proposal yourself, then hire a consultant to write a
> proposal for you.
>
> I had the same thoughts (about extending forms) but I didn't have the
> time or energy to do more than INPUT TYPE=FILE.
>

>-- End of excerpt from Larry Masinter

My only hope was that someone who subscribed to this list would pay enough
attention to write a proposal. Alas, I am at the bottom of the "totem pole" at
Intel
and I'm not sure they would fork out money to hire a consultant at my request.
I would love to write a proposal because I do believe it's necessary. (and not
just for MY customers) Unfortunately, I simply do not have the expertise or the
knowledge to do this. I am willing
to learn though if anybody wants to help.

I end my reproof.