Re: HTML 3.0

Brian Exelbierd (bex@ncsu.edu)
Tue, 16 May 95 03:24:23 EDT

On May 5, 1995, eric@spyglass.com (Eric W. Sink) wrote:

> Actually, the WG's attention toward this mammoth document will likely
> decrease as we focus on several smaller documents which are much more
> manageable. It seems likely that the I-D for HTML 3.0 will likely not be
> updated in its current "One Big Document" format before its expiration.
>
> Remember Internet-Drafts flutter away after six months of life.

Here is where I get to be the rude bastard who does none of the work, but
complains, and can't even read the list :)

Perhaps the working group should start publishing these "mini-standards" real
fast before this I-D takes a life of its own. I don't want to see HTML turn
into something with a useless standard, and a set of "optional" extensions.
I'd like to see this get well documented.

By even publishing a simple table, or alignment standard the WG will take a
tremendous step forward in credibility. Hell, even a web site that said the
status of things where it was logically organized would help.

Flame me back, because I don't know what is going on. Let me know if I can
help be part of the solution, not the problem.

Thanks for hearing me out.

bex