Re: RFC's In HTML Format

Walt Houser (houser@cpcug.org)
Fri, 9 Jun 95 16:53:14 EDT

At 05:13 PM 5/30/95 -0700, postel@ISI.EDU wrote:

>The ASCII versions would remain the official and reference version.

I'd be interested in the rationale for this. An html file can be read as
text, if one doesn't mind the tags. Maintaining both in parallel is a
significant burden on working groups.

>While the HTML version would almost certainly contain all of the words
>that appear in the ASCII version, success at turning an HTML file into
>something presentable as a text document is as yet less than universal.

True. However, it's easier than turning .ps into .txt. :-) It's akin to
normalizing a network database into a relational database.

Walter Houser 202-786-9572
houser@cpcug.org 301-427-3792
Have the Courage to Be Imperfect - R. Driekurs