Re: More syntax details in HTML 2.0?

Daniel W. Connolly (connolly@beach.w3.org)
Wed, 14 Jun 95 12:24:33 EDT

In message <9506140817.ZM6991@dmg.west.ora.com>, "Terry Allen" writes:
>I concur with Eric. We need this spec done yesterday. There is no
>end of details about SGML that could be explained (Glenn gives a
>short list), but this spec is not the place to do it.
>
>The SGML Handbook is over 660 pages long ...

Nonetheless, HTML parsers are on the order of 1000 lines of C code.
An annotated source listing of an HTML parser wouldn't be nearly 660
pages.

But it sounds like the working group is against this change.

Fair enough. Less work for me (in the short term.)

I guess I'll defer this work -- put it in an "HTML implementors guide"
as suggested (and as I started back in Jan of 1992).

Dan