Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-html-spec-02.txt

Daniel W. Connolly (connolly@beach.w3.org)
Tue, 16 May 95 15:25:57 EDT

In message <9505161204.ZM16892@dmg.west.ora.com>, Terry Allen writes:

>Just announced is
> diff first draft-ietf-html-spec-02.txt
>which has me confused. I already have a doc by that name, obtained on
>29 March. It doesn't look as though it came via email, so I imagine
>(wrongly?) that I obtained it from ds.internic.net. Is there some
>confusion in numbering?

The 02 draft never made it into the internet-drafts stuf on ds.internic...

I'm not sure why. Something to do with being too close to an IETF meeting.

>I also note in the latest version (May 6) that the DTD has been rendered
>unusable by the inclusion of line numbers. I would expect this section
>of the spec to contain the authoritative version of the DTD, which one
>would extract and use. Is there some other plan for distributing the
>DTD?

Um. Er. Well... I dunno. I agree we need a plan for distributing
the DTD, especially since the IETF is the public text owner.

I think this came up at the area director's dinner -- something about
interfacing with IANA on such things. I'm not really sure how exactly
it's supposed to work.

Dan