Re: META

Ronald E. Daniel (rdaniel@acl.lanl.gov)
Tue, 27 Jun 95 16:03:49 EDT

On Jun 27, 3:26pm, Eric Miller wrote:

> We propose that META be specified as a non-displaying container of
> unspecified internal structure that will allow a variety of
> experimental approaches to inclusion of metadata in HTML documents.

Hear! Hear! However, I would push this back a level and say that
HEAD be non-displaying, except where special provision is made
for elements such as TITLE (or even META).

Then there is the issue of allowing arbitrary structure in META.
I know there are lots of things I would like to put there, but
cannot do so now because of the limited capability of the
NAME and CONTENT attributes.

--
Ron Daniel Jr.                email: rdaniel@acl.lanl.gov
Advanced Computing Lab        voice: (505) 665-0597