Re: heretical suggestion

montulli@stat1.cc.ukans.edu (Lou Montulli)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 1994 22:26:08 --100
Sender: www-talk@www0.cern.ch
From: montulli@stat1.cc.ukans.edu (Lou Montulli)
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: Re: heretical suggestion

> > On a more serious (and somewhat unrelated) note:
> > I would really like to get forms clients to send the
> > value of the "submit" button selected to the server.  This
> > will enable multiple "submit" buttons to performs different functions
> > on the same data.  Maybe a separate attribute is needed to specify
> > whether or not to send the submit value so that existing forms
> > are not broken.  There was alot of discussion about this when
> > Xmosaic forms first came out but I don't think anything happened
> > with it.
>
> This is now part of the HTML+ spec, and will soon appear in Mosaic.

I didn't see mention of this in
ftp://15.254.100.100/pub/draft-raggett-www-html-00.txt
How is it specified.  Is there anonther attribute to the submit type
or is the value of the submit button always sent?  Will this break
existing implementations?  How *EXACTLY* is it being implemented in
Xmosaic. (It's not always the same as the spec)  Once I get the
answers to these burning questions I can get it implemented in
2.3 for release soon.

:lou
  *           T H E   U N I V E R S I T Y   O F   K A N S A S              *
  *         Lou  MONTULLI @ Ukanaix.cc.ukans.edu                           *
  *                         Kuhub.cc.ukans.edu      ACS Computing Services *
  *     913/864-0436        Ukanvax.bitnet             Lawrence, KS 66044  *
  *      Let's face it, I'm a nerd, why else would I have a sig file?      *