NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: Re: Concerns about HTML+ complexity

CLilley@MAIL.ZD.ziff.com (CLilley)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 22:17:38 +0200
Sender: www-talk@www0.cern.ch
From: CLilley@MAIL.ZD.ziff.com (CLilley)
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: Re: Concerns about HTML+ complexity
Intended recpient(s): Steve Browne @ ZD Europe
Failure reason: Error transferring to NAPOLEON mail.box; Database is corrupt -- Cannot allocate space
O-CMS-ErrorsTo: listmas @ INTERNET (listmaster) {listmaster@www0.cern.ch}
In message <9406151740.AA16962@pt0204.pto.ford.com> Ken Fox wrote:

>We really need to think about who in the industry is in the best
>position to implement/control monolithic standards and monolithic browsers.
>It isn't CERN, NCSA or the community of Web hackers, that's for sure!

I would like to see some support for this rather airy dismissal.

>The
>only people in a position to implement a monolithic browser are those with
>dedicated (and large) programming staffs --- such as Framemaker or Microsoft.

Again I would like to see a reasoned argument for this contentious statement.

--
Chris Lilley