Re: HTML 2.0 LAST CALL: Hyperlinking, Forms, Elements

Daniel W. Connolly (connolly@beach.w3.org)
Wed, 31 May 95 16:01:44 EDT

In message <9505311917.AA05982@trystero.art.com>, Joe English writes:

>eric@spyglass.com wrote:
>
>> We need the draft in text format for submission as an I-D.
>
>I just sent Dan a text version, which is also available at:
>
> <URL:http://www.crl.com/~jenglish/html-spec.txt>

Thanks a bunch!

I just forwarded it to the internet drafts editor and to Eric Sink.
It's also stored at:

http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/MarkUp/html-spec/html-spec.txt
Wed May 31 20:43:48 1995

>Could you look over the formatting and let me know if
>it's acceptable for an RFC? (It still doesn't have
>the required page headers and footers -- I hope to get that
>done this weekend -- but other than that I think it
>should be OK.)

As you say, aside from the headers and footers, it looks good. (Any
chance we'll get page numbers in the xrefs? Oh well -- I'll have them
in the postscript version.)

So to reiterate: the May 31 draft is available, but there will be one
more draft for pagination (and update the acknoledgments, status, and
junk like that).

If you have technical comments, MAKE THEM NOW! (but if they're not
comments you've made before, and they're not STOP SHIP problems, they
might be somewhat unwelcome.)

If you have editorial comments, MAKE THEM NOW! (typos and such are OK,
but try to resist wording changes or clarifications unless you think
they're really necessary.)

I would appreciate mostly:

-- a careful copy edit

-- a careful technical edit of the forms and hyperlinking sections.

Dan